8 Days Itinerary
COSTA RICA WILDLIFE
COSTA RICA WILDLIFE
DAY 1. SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA (20 MINUTES)
Welcome to San José, Costa Rica. Discover Costa Rica’s amazing wilderness: sea turtles and exotic jungle in Tortuguero, Arenal Volcano, and Manuel Antonio’s beaches and rainforest. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You can explore the capital city with its theaters, museums, historic buildings and beautiful parks. Or, simply sit in a café and enjoy a cup of Costa Rican coffee while you watch the daily life of the “Ticos”. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
DAY 2. SAN JOSÉ – TORTUGUERO (6 HOURS)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will cross the majestic Braulio Carrillo National Park heading toward the Caribbean town of Guápiles, where you will enjoy a delicious breakfast. Then you’ll continue to the pier where your boat to Tortuguero will depart. You will journey along the rivers and canals about 90 minutes to the hotel, providing an excellent opportunity to see wildlife and the jungle scenery. After lunch, we will visit the village of Tortuguero. Dinner is included at the hotel. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, you will go on a guided walk along the private paths of the hotel. After lunch, you will take a boat tour through the Tortuguero National Park canals. The Tortuguero National Park is famous for being the habitat of five species of sea turtles, and a great diversity of birds, amphibians and other animals. We recommend the optional night excursion to see turtle nesting (July to Sept). Dinner is included at the hotel. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. You will return by boat back through the Tortuguero canals until you reach the pier, where your ground transportation will meet you. Awaiting you today in the Northern Plains is the impressive Arenal Volcano, a natural wonder with an iconic cone-shaped crater. Along the way there, you will see plantations of various agricultural crops, ornamental plants, and cattle ranches until we reach the town of La Fortuna. The town is worth visiting to walk and to have lunch or dinner. Your hotel is strategically located to appreciate the volcano. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Resorts with natural hot springs and spas are some of the greatest attractions to enjoy in the Arenal region. Other top activities in the area include: visiting the Arenal Volcano National Park, zip line tours, suspension bridges, aerial tram tours, hiking and horseback riding tours to the La Fortuna Waterfall, and water activities on Lake Arenal. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning your journey will take you to the warm Central Pacific Coast. Along the way, you will drive through beautiful landscapes and picturesque villages typical in the country. Be sure to stop at the bridge over the Tarcoles River to see the giant crocodiles in the river below. The lush landscape along the Central Pacific Coast features rice and palm plantations. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is free for you to enjoy the sun and the beach, in addition to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Excursions in the area include zip lines, horseback riding, white water rafting on the Savegre River, and catamaran tours for whale and dolphin watching. In the area you can enjoy a wide variety of cuisine for all budgets. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appointed hour, you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. If your flight leaves before 1:00 PM, you will require a private transfer for an additional charge. If you chose to rent a car, you will return your vehicle to the car rental agency by the airport, and the agency will take you to the airport. Happy return trip home! We hope to have you visit us again.
San José 1 Night / Tortuguero 2 Nights / Arenal Volcano 2 Nights / Manuel Antonio 2 Nights
- Transfer in from the airport to the hotel
- 1 night accommodation at the hotel of your choice in San Jose, breakfast included
- 2 nights & 3 days package accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Tortuguero, with full board included
- Regular excursion: Hike in the Tortuguero Village
- Regular excursion: Hike in the private trails of the hotel
- Regular excursion: Boat excursion through the Tortuguero Canals
- Entrance fee to the Tortuguero National Park
- Regular or private transfer from Guápiles to Arenal
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Arenal, breakfast included
- Regular or private transfer from Arenal to Manuel Antonio
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Manuel Antonio, breakfast included
- Regular or private transfer from Manuel Antonio to San José
- Sales tax
- Infants from 0-5 years are free of charge
- Children from 6-12 years – apply the children’s rate. Maximum 2 children sharing the room with their parents
- For the option with Rental Car: 4 days rental car with basic obligatory insurance. The car will be delivered on Day 4 of the program
- Activities not indicated on program
- Country departure tax (US $29.00 per person)
- Car rental full cover insurance
Requirements for Rental Car:
- Valid driver’s license. The foreign license is valid in Costa Rica for 90 days from the date of entry into the country
- Minimum driver age 21 years
- The driver must carry a day driver’s license of the country of origin
- The driver must present a passport
- The driver must present credit card ( AMEX , VISA , MASTER CARD) original and available for the security deposit ($ 750 approximately)