COSTA RICA TO PANAMA CITY
DAY 1. SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA (20 MINUTES)
Welcome to San José, Costa Rica. Combine the best of Costa Rica and Panama on a fantastic tour to volcanoes, jungle, Caribbean beaches and islands, and vibrant Panama City. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You can explore the capital city with its theaters, museums and beautiful parks. Or, simply sit in a café and enjoy a cup of Costa Rican coffee while you watch the daily life of the “Ticos”. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
DAY 2. SAN JOSÉ – ARENAL VOLCANO (3 HOURS)
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning we will go by regular shuttle from San José to the Northern Plains to the home of the impressive Arenal Volcano, a natural wonder with an iconic cone-shaped crater. Along the way there, you will see plantations of various agricultural crops, ornamental plants, and cattle ranches until you reach the town of La Fortuna. The town is worth visiting to walk and to have lunch or dinner. Your hotel is strategically located to appreciate the volcano. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Resorts with natural hot springs and spas are one of the greatest attractions to enjoy in the Arenal region. Other top activities include: visiting the Arenal Volcano National Park, zip line tours, suspension bridges, aerial tram tours, hiking and horseback riding tours to the La Fortuna Waterfall, and water activities on Lake Arenal. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Very early in the morning, we will head to the Tortuguero National Park. Your journey will take you through small towns and extensive banana and pineapple plantations, until you arrive at the pier where your boat to Tortuguero will depart. You will travel along rivers and canals about 90 minutes to the hotel, providing an excellent opportunity to see wildlife and the jungle scenery. After lunch, there is a visit to the village of Tortuguero. Dinner is included at the hotel. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, you will take a boat tour through the Tortuguero National Park canals. Tortuguero is famous for being the habitat of five species of sea turtles, and a great diversity of birds, amphibians and other animals. After lunch, you have free time to stroll and enjoy the surroundings of the hotel. We recommend the optional night excursion to see turtle nesting (July to Sept). Dinner is included at the hotel. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, we will journey back through the canals to the town of Guapiles, where we will enjoy lunch (included in our package). From here, we will take our shared transport to the southern Caribbean Coast, home of Costa Rica’s Afro-Caribbean culture. Puerto Viejo and Cahuita feature beautiful beaches with an amazing combination of colors. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. The southern Caribbean region has some of the best beaches in the country. The Cahuita National Park is known for its excellent diving and snorkeling around coral reefs to see beautiful marine life. Another experience that you should not miss is to enjoy a typical Caribbean lunch or dinner. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today begins the adventure to our sister country of Panama. We will visit the archipelago of Bocas del Toro, which is bordered to the northwest by Costa Rica, and is composed of nine islands, 50 keys and more than 200 islets. All of these offer a wide variety of attractions and natural environments difficult to find in other regions of our continent – dense humid forests and rainforests with abundant flora and fauna, islands full of sun, beaches that compete with the best in the Caribbean, living coral reefs in completely transparent waters, mangrove islets in lake settings, indigenous Ngobe and Naso communities, and a biosphere reserve that protects the Bocas del Toro ecosystems and natural resources. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you have a free day to enjoy the beauty of the archipelago. You can visit beaches with unique scenic beauty and crystal clear waters full of colorful fish. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. You have another day to enjoy the beautiful beaches and attractions offered in Bocas del Toro. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appointed time, we will transfer to the local airstrip at Bocas del Toro for a domestic flight to Albrook Airport in Panama City. After being transferred to your hotel, you can explore Panama City. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Panama is a modern city with many contrasts; its old town will transport you into the past of this great city. Another point of interest not to be missed is the Panama Canal, an important route for the passage of merchant ships and cruise liners. If you like shopping, Panama is ideal; there are very famous world-renowned designer stores, and in their shopping malls you can find the best deals. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appointed time, you will be taken to the Tocumen Airport for your departing flight. We hope you visit us again.
San José 1 Night / Arenal Volcano 2 Nights / Tortuguero 2 Nights / Southern Caribbean 2 Nights / Bocas Del Toro 3 Nights / Panama City 2 Nights
- Transfer in from the airport to the hotel
- 1 night accommodation at the hotel of your choice in San Jose. Breakfast included
- Regular transfer from San José to Arenal
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Arenal. Breakfast included
- Regular ground transfer from Arenal to the pier at La Pavona or Caño Blanco
- Regular boat transfer from the pier at La Pavona or Caño Blanco to the hotel in Tortuguero
- 2 nights & 3 days package accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Tortuguero, with full board included
- Regular excursion: Hike in the Tortuguero Village / Regular excursion: Hike in the private trails of the hotel
- Regular excursion: Boat excursion through the Tortuguero Canals
- Entrance fee to the Tortuguero National Park
- Regular ground transfer from the pier at La Pavona or Caño Blanco to Guapiles
- Regular transfer from Guápiles to Puerto Viejo de Limón
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Puerto Viejo
- Regular transfer from Puerto Viejo de Limón to Bocas del Toro. Ground transfer from Puerto Viejo to Sixaola, then by 4×4 vehicle to Almirante, where we board a boat to take us to Bocas del Toro
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Bocas del Toro
- Regular transfer to the local airstrip at Bocas del Toro
- Regular flight from Bocas del Toro to Panama City
- Transfer from Albrook Airport to Panama City
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Panama City
- Transfer from the hotel of your choice in Panama City to the Tocumen Airport
- Infants from 0-5 years are free of charge
- Children from 6-12 years – apply the children’s rate. Maximum 2 children sharing the room with their parents
- Activities not indicated on program
- Country departure tax (US $29.00 per person)
- Arrival tax in Bocas del Toro Airport (US $2 per person)
- Tourist entry card into Costa Rica from Panama (US $15 per person).
- Lunch is not included in any of the excursions
- Sales tax
Requisites & Program Conditions:
Bocas del Toro:
- Minimum of 2 pax to operate the Bocas del Toro program.
- Copy of Passport & original to enter Bocas del Toro.
- Credit card or cash, with a minimum of $500.
- Departure air ticket.
- For dates that the Bocas del Toro program does not apply, the set rate is an estimate; for the dates given, rates must be consulted and requote
- Local flights San José – Bocas del Toro – San José only operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays; please keep this in consideration when you make reservations.