8 Days Itinerary
COSTA RICA SPA & WILDERNESS
COSTA RICA SPA & WILDERNESS
DAY 1. SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA (20 MINUTES)
Welcome to San José, Costa Rica. The country’s best adventures and attractions are all yours to enjoy in three top destinations. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You can explore the capital city with its theaters, museums, historic buildings and beautiful parks. Or, simply sit in a café and enjoy a cup of Costa Rican coffee while you watch the daily life of the “Ticos”. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
DAY 2. SAN JOSÉ – ARENAL VOLCANO (3 HOURS)
Breakfast at the hotel. If you chose the rental car option for this program, first thing this morning your rental car will be delivered to your hotel. Awaiting you today in the Northern Plains is the impressive Arenal Volcano, a natural wonder with an iconic cone-shaped crater. Along the way there, you will see plantations of various agricultural crops, ornamental plants, and cattle ranches before reaching the town of La Fortuna. The town is worth visiting to walk and to have lunch or dinner. Your hotel is strategically located to appreciate the volcano. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Resorts with natural hot springs and spas are some of the greatest attractions to enjoy in the Arenal region. Other top activities in the area include: visiting the Arenal Volcano National Park, zip line tours, suspension bridges, aerial tram tours, hiking and horseback riding tours to the La Fortuna Waterfall, and water activities on Lake Arenal. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Our transfer to the Monteverde Cloud Forest will be a combination of land, water, and land again. This option is the best way to travel from La Fortuna to Monteverde. Our minibus will pick you up at your hotel to take you to Lake Arenal, where you will board a motorized boat to cross Lake Arenal to Rio Chiquito. Then, another minibus will take you to your hotel in beautiful Monteverde. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is a free day. Monteverde is globally recognized for its cloud forest that extends on both sides of the Continental Divide. Currently, there are two reserves in the area: the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve and the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve. You will be amazed at the area’s diversity and rich nature while walking along the numerous trails in either reserve. In the higher parts of the forest, there exists what is called “natural Elfin Forest” – the climate is such that the tallest trees do not exceed 10 meters. There are many activities in the area to complement your visit: adventure zip line tours, hanging bridges, hummingbird gardens, butterfly gardens, a Serpentarium (one of the best in the country), a nocturnal wildlife tour, horseback riding, a cheese tour (cheeses made in Monteverde are the best in Costa Rica), etc. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning your journey will take you to the warm Central Pacific Coast. Manuel Antonio is your next destination; it is home to the smallest but most visited national park in Costa Rica. During your trip, be sure to stop at the Tarcoles River Bridge to see the giant crocodiles in the river below. The lush landscape along the Central Pacific Coast features rice and palm plantations. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is a free day. The Manuel Antonio National Park is known for its beautiful beaches between mountains and forests. It has several trails for walking, viewpoints, and a high probability of seeing animals, especially the 4 species of Costa Rican monkeys, sloths, coatis, and raccoons. Many adventures are available in the Manuel Antonio area, such as canopy zip line tours, horseback riding, sunset cruises to see dolphins and whales, and whitewater rafting on the Savegre River. The area offers a wide variety of cuisine for all tastes. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the appointed hour, you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. If your flight leaves before 1:00 PM, you will require a private transfer for an additional charge. If you chose to rent a car, you will return your vehicle to the car rental agency by the airport, and the agency will take you to the airport. Happy return trip home! We hope to have you visit us again.
San José 1 Night / Arenal 2 Nights / Monteverde 2 Nights / Manuel Antonio 2 Nights
- Transfer from the International Airport to the hotel.
- Accommodation 1 night in the hotel of your choice in San José, breakfast included.
- Car transfer from San José to Arenal.
- Accommodation 2 nights in the hotel of your choice at Arenal Volcano, breakfast included.
- Car transfer from Arenal to Monteverde.
- Accommodation 2 nights in the hotel of your choice in Monteverde, breakfast included.
- Car transfer from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio.
- Accommodation 2 nights in the hotel of your choice in Manuel Antonio, breakfast included.
- Car transfer from Manuel Antonio to the San José International Airport
- Sales tax
- Infants from 0-3 years are free of charge.
- Child rate applies from 4 to 12 years. Maximum 2 children sharing a room with their parents.
- Rental car option includes: 7 days rental, Ssangyong Korando 4×4 car or similar, with mandatory basic insurance. The car will be delivered on Day 2 of the program.
- Activities not indicated in the program.
- Car rental full coverage insurance.
Car Rental Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license. A foreign license is valid in Costa Rica for 90 days from the date of entry into the country.
- Driver’s minimum age is 21 years old.
- The driver must carry a valid driver’s license of the country of origin.
- The driver must present a valid passport.
- The driver must present a valid credit card (AMEX, VISA, MASTERCARD) for the security deposit ($750 approximately).