9 Days Honeymoon Itinerary
COSTA RICA QUETZAL & WHALES
COSTA RICA QUETZAL & WHALES
DAY 1. SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA (20 MINUTES)
Welcome to San José, Costa Rica. There’s nothing like the thrill of seeing exotic Quetzal birds in the cloud forest; or the awe of humpback whales and dolphins leaping from the sea. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You can explore the capital city with its theaters, museums and beautiful parks. Or, simply sit in a café and enjoy a cup of Costa Rican coffee while you watch the daily life of the “Ticos”. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
DAY 2. SAN JOSÉ – SAN GERARDO DE DOTA (2,30 HOURS)
Breakfast at the hotel. Your adventure starts as we head toward the land of the Quetzal, the sacred bird of the Maya. During a scenic journey, you will enjoy impressive tall mountains covered by lush green cloud forest. Tucked between the mountains in a narrow valley and surrounded by extensive forests, San Gerardo de Dota offers a paradise of flora and fauna in its purest state. Due to its elevation at more than 2,000 meters (6,560 feet) above sea level, it enjoys a temperate and cool climate. Combined with the fascinating cloud forest, it is a perfect destination for nature lovers. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you can relax in the cloud forest, listen to the sounds of nature, and go bird watching, horseback riding, or hiking through the forest or to waterfalls. These are just some of the optional tours you can reserve. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will drive down to the “Ballena Coast”, or Whale Coast, in the southern Pacific region. The Ballena Marine National Park in this area was created to preserve various coastal habitats, such as beaches, estuaries, mangroves, islands and coral reefs. The park also protects marine life like the endangered humpback whales that migrate to Costa Rica’s coasts to mate and have their calves. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. In this region, there are many activities to enjoy: dolphin and whale watching, horseback riding, bird watching, scuba diving, snorkeling, sport fishing, sea kayaking, and hiking through the rainforest to waterfalls. Have your camera ready to capture the most beautiful natural details of our country. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Your next destination is the town of Quepos and the area of Manuel Antonio, which offer incredible scenic beauty. Manuel Antonio National Park is the smallest but most visited national park in Costa Rica. The Park has several trails for walking, viewpoints, and a high probability of seeing animals, especially the 4 species of Costa Rican monkeys, sloths, coatis and exotic birds. It also is known for its beautiful beaches. Please note that the Manuel Antonio National Park is closed to the public on Mondays. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is a free day to enjoy the sun and beaches of Manuel Antonio. Many adventures are available in the area including canopy zip line tours, horseback riding, sunset cruises to see dolphins and whales, and whitewater rafting on the Savegre River. The region offers a wide variety of cuisine for all tastes. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. You have another day to enjoy the beaches and attractions of Manuel Antonio. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Regular transfer to the airport. If your flight leaves before 3:00 PM, you will require a private transfer for an additional charge. We wish you a safe trip home, and we hope you can visit us again.
San José 1 Nights / San Gerardo 2 Nights / Bahía Ballena 2 Nights / Manuel Antonio 3 Nights
- Transfer in from the airport to the hotel
- 1 night accommodation at the hotel of your choice in San Jose. Breakfast included
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in San Gerardo de Dota. Breakfasts are included
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Costa Ballena. Breakfasts are included
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the hotel of your choice in Manuel Antonio. Breakfasts are included
- Sales tax
- Infants from 0-3 years are free of charge
- Children from 4-12 years – apply the children’s rate. Maximum 2 children sharing the room with their parents
- For the option with Rental Car: 8 days rental car of a Ssangyong Korando o similar 4×4 with basic obligatory insurance. The car will be delivered on Day 2 of the program
- Activities not indicated on program
- Car rental full coverage insurance.
Car Rental Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license. A foreign license is valid in Costa Rica for 90 days from the date of entry into the country.
- Driver’s minimum age is 21 years old.
- The driver must carry a valid driver’s license of the country of origin.
- The driver must present a valid passport.
- The driver must present a valid credit card (AMEX, VISA, MASTERCARD) for the security deposit ($750 approximately).