8 Days Surfing Vacation Package
COSTA RICA FOR SURFERS
COSTA RICA FOR SURFERS
DAY 1. SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA (20 MINUTES)
Welcome to San Jose, Costa Rica. Surf’s up! From the Caribbean to the Pacific, enjoy your own epic surf trip full of fun and adventure. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You have the rest of the day free to explore the capital city with its theaters, museums, historic buildings and beautiful parks. Or, simply sit in a café and enjoy a cup of Costa Rican coffee while you watch the daily life of the “Ticos”. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
DAY 2. SAN JOSÉ – SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN (4.5 HOURS)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will cross the majestic Braulio Carrillo National Park amid its always lush and green rainforest. Your destination is the southern Caribbean Coast, home to Costa Rica’s Afro-Caribbean culture. You’ll stay in the lively beach town of Puerto Viejo, filled with color and flavor. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you can enjoy the paradise beaches of the Caribbean, where you can find excellent waves for surfing. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will journey to the Northern Plains to the impressive Arenal Volcano, one of the natural wonders of the country. During your drive to the town of La Fortuna, you will see plantations of various agricultural crops, ornamental plants, and cattle ranches. We recommend visiting the town to walk around and get to know its variety of restaurants for lunch and dinner. Your hotel is strategically located to appreciate the massive volcano and also to enjoy some of the best hot springs in the region. This one-day stop will allow you to relax before continuing to your next destination. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning you will descend from the mountains to the Guanacaste savanna, extensive plains dedicated to agriculture and ranching. With a spectacular, always sunny climate, here you can enjoy beautiful beaches with different colors of sand. In addition, you will be in one of the richest areas for culture, music, gastronomy and hospitality in Costa Rica. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is free to enjoy some of the many activities you can do in this area: visit the National Parks of Palo Verde and Rincón de la Vieja, beach activities, zip line tours, etc. You can also enjoy Costa Rican traditions like visiting an artisan village where they make indigenous crafts from clay, or listening to the music of the “marimba” while relishing a delicious traditional dinner. Furthermore, this region offers some of the best beaches in the country for surfing: Playa Naranjo, Potrero, Playa Grande, Tamarindo, Avellanas, Playa Negra, Santa Teresa and Malpaís. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is free to enjoy surfing the many beaches of the region. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport. You must be at the airport three hours before your flight departure time. If your flight departs from the San Jose International Airport, your transfer will take approximately 5 hours. However, if your flight departs from the Liberia International Airport, your transfer takes about an hour depending on the location of your hotel. If you chose to use a rental car, it can be returned at the agency’s office near the airport; their shuttle will take you to the airport. Happy return trip home! We hope to have you visit us again.
San José 1 Night / Puerto Viejo 2 Nights / Arenal Volcano 1 Night / Guanacaste 3 Nights
- Transfer from the International Airport to the hotel.
- Accommodation 1 night in the hotel of your choice in San José, breakfast included.
- Accommodation 2 nights in the southern Caribbean in the hotel of your choice, breakfast included.
- Accommodation 1 night in the hotel of your choice at Arenal Volcano, breakfast included.
- Accommodation 3 nights in the hotel of your choice in Guanacaste, breakfast included.
- Rental car includes: 7 days, Korando 4×4 or similar with mandatory basic insurance. The car is delivered from Day 2 of the program, and returned to the rental car agency office near the airport. The rental car company will shuttle you to the airport.
- Sales tax 13%
- Infants from 0-3 years are free of charge.
- Child rate applies from 4 to 12 years. Maximum 2 children sharing a room with their parents.
- Activities not indicated in the program.
- Car rental full coverage insurance.
Car Rental Requirements::
- Valid driver’s license. A foreign license is valid in Costa Rica for 90 days from the date of entry into the country.
- Driver’s minimum age is 21 years old.
- The driver must carry a valid driver’s license of the country of origin.
- The driver must present a valid passport.
- The driver must present a valid credit card (AMEX, VISA, MASTERCARD) for the security deposit ($750 approximately).