9 Days Itinerary
COSTA RICA FOREST, VOLCANOES & BEACH
COSTA RICA FOREST, VOLCANOES & BEACH
DAY 1. SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA (20 MINUTES)
Welcome to San José, Costa Rica. Nothing shows off Costa Rica’s incredible beauty like the rainforest and beaches at Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio, and the majestic Arenal Volcano. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You can explore the capital city with its theaters, museums and beautiful parks. Or, simply sit in a café and enjoy a cup of Costa Rican coffee while you watch the daily life of the “Ticos”. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
DAY 2. SAN JOSÉ – TORTUGUERO (6 HOURS)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will cross the beautiful Braulio Carrillo National Park heading toward the Caribbean town of Guápiles, where you will enjoy a hearty breakfast. Then you’ll continue to the pier where your boat to Tortuguero will depart. You will journey along the rivers and canals about 90 minutes to the hotel, providing an excellent opportunity to see wildlife and the jungle scenery. After lunch, there is a visit to the village of Tortuguero. Dinner is included at the hotel. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, you will go on a guided walk along the private paths of the hotel. After lunch, there will be a boat tour through the Tortuguero National Park canals. The Tortuguero National Park is famous for being the habitat of five species of sea turtles, and a great diversity of birds, amphibians and other animals. We recommend the optional night excursion to see turtle nesting (July to Sept). Dinner is included at the hotel. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. You will return by boat back through the Tortuguero canals until you reach the pier, where your ground transportation will meet you. Lunch will be in a local restaurant in Guapiles. Afterward, you will transfer to the Poás Volcano. The cloud forest surrounding the volcano offers many natural wonders: a great variety of hummingbirds, butterflies, orchids, and the rare Quetzal. Optional activities you can do here include: visit the Poás Volcano National Park, La Paz Waterfalls, Doka Estate Coffee Tour, or the artisan town of Sarchí, an ideal place to buy crafts. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Awaiting you today in the Northern Plains is the impressive Arenal Volcano, a natural wonder with an iconic cone-shaped crater. Along the way there, you will see plantations of various agricultural crops, ornamental plants, and cattle ranches until we reach the town of La Fortuna. The town is worth visiting to walk and to have lunch or dinner. Your hotel is strategically located to appreciate the volcano. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Resorts with natural hot springs and spas are some of the greatest attractions to enjoy in the Arenal region. Other top activities in the area include: visiting the Arenal Volcano National Park, zip line tours, suspension bridges, aerial tram tours, hiking and horseback riding tours to the La Fortuna Waterfall, and water activities on Lake Arenal. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning your journey will take you to the warm Central Pacific Coast. Manuel Antonio is your next destination; it is home to the smallest but most visited national park in Costa Rica. During your trip, be sure to stop at the Tarcoles River Bridge to see the giant crocodiles in the river below. The lush landscape along the Central Pacific Coast features rice and palm plantations. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today is a free day to enjoy the beaches, in addition to the Manuel Antonio National Park. The Park has several trails for walking, viewpoints, and a high probability of seeing animals, especially the 4 species of Costa Rican monkeys, sloths and coatis. It also is known for its beautiful beaches. Other adventures available in the Manuel Antonio area include canopy zip line tours, horseback riding, sunset cruises to see dolphins and whales, and whitewater rafting on the Savegre River. The area offers a wide variety of cuisine for all tastes. Accommodation: the hotel of your choice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Regular transfer to the airport. If your flight leaves before 3:00 PM, you will require a private transfer for an additional charge. We wish you a safe return trip home, and we hope to have you visit us again.
San José 1 Night / Tortuguero 2 Nights / Poas 1 Night / Arenal 2 Nights / Manuel Antonio 2 Nights
- Transfer from the San Jose International Airport to the hotel.
- Accommodation 1 night in the hotel of your choice in San José, breakfast included.
- Regular ground and river transfers San José – Tortuguero.
- Accommodation 2 nights & 3 days package at the hotel of your choice in Tortuguero, with full board included.
- Regular excursion: Visit to the village of Tortuguero.
- Regular excursion: Hike along the private paths of the hotel in Tortuguero.
- Regular excursion: Boat tour through the Tortuguero Canals.
- Entrance fee to the Tortuguero National Park.
- Regular River and ground transfers from Tortuguero to Guápiles.
- Regular transfer from Guápiles to Poas Volcano.
- Accommodation 1 night in the hotel of your choice in the Poas Volcano area, breakfast included.
- Regular transfer from Poas Volcano to Arenal Volcano.
- Entrance fee to the Poas Volcano National Park.
- Accommodation 2 nights in the hotel of your choice at Arenal Volcano, breakfast included.
- Regular transfer from Arenal to Manuel Antonio.
- Accommodation 2 nights in the hotel of your choice in Manuel Antonio, breakfast included.
- Regular transfer from Manuel Antonio to the San José Airport.
- Sales tax
- Infants from 0-3 years are free of charge.
- Child rate applies from 4 to 12 years. Maximum 2 children sharing a room with their parents.
- Activities not indicated in the program.